Information You Need To Know!
HiSET stands for High School Equivalency Test(s). HiSET is the new entirely electronic replacement for the G.E.D. test, distributed by ETS. This webpage contains helpful HiSET related links and info to assist you on your road to success!
Test Prep Links and Information!
- MO LEARNS provides FREE online HiSET Prep courses.
- ThePoplar Bluff Adult Education & Literacy Center offers HiSET Prep Courses:
Poplar Bluff Adult Education Center
2620 N Westwood
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
(Turn into Hefner's Furniture parking lot and drive to the building on the far left and behind Hefner's Furniture.)
Phone: (417) 255-7744
Main Office: Missouri State-West Plains
Pre-Signup Requirements Checklist!
You need an ETS account to sign up for the HiSET. But before you can even create an account, there are a few things you MUST have:
- You MUST have a personal e-mail address. If you don't have an e-mail address already, you might consider signing up with Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo! or another free, online provider.
If you need assistance setting up an e-mail address, consider attending the library's free EMAIL 101 class.
- Have a method of paying money online by credit card, PayPal, or online banking.
- Be age 17 or older OR be age 16 with 16 High School credit hours.
- Have pen and paper for writing down your user ID, passwords, and other new information that you will use to create your ETS account.
Need Help? Here are a Few Handy Numbers
Poplar Bluff Adult Learning Center
Three Rivers College
Office of Testing and Assessment
(573) 840 - 9667
Missouri Dept. of Education HotLine
(handy for test info and account assistance)
HiSET Website Help Center
(in case your set-up process doesn't go smoothly)
1-855-MyHiSET or (1-855-694-4738)
Additional Helpful Websites
Events at the library
Find more events and programs offered at the library in the quarterly events newsletter, Off the Shelf.
View the Library
Calendar of Events
Basic Computer Class
Improve your computer skills, have fun and make new friends when you attend a basic computer class at the library.