The library is closing in response to COVID-19.
Poplar Bluff Municipal Library has made the difficult decision to close until further notice. This decision was made in response to COVID-19 based on recommendations at the federal, state, and local levels. We have provided a great list of reliable resources about COVID-19 here on our website.
While our building will be closed, we encourage everyone to use their library card to borrow and download from our digital library. The library has a large digital collection to which your library card gives you access. Need a library card during this closure? Learn more about applying for an ecard.
We know there is no substitute for a visit to your library. We are committed to getting our library reopened as soon as it is safe. In the meantime, we will be working to find ways to increase what we can offer electronically during the closure and we will communicate through our web page, Facebook, and Instagram with you as anything changes.
Here are some important things to know while we are closed:
Stay up-to-date with these trusted sources and factual information.
Take steps to protect yourself.
- The most important thing to do at this time is to wash your hands often and avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Globally, the World Health Organization continuously provides updates with helpful information for individuals and the workplace
- Osha has information about COVID-19 and the workplace
If you’re staying home, you can still use the library.
- Our library catalog is still and available
- My Account is still fully fuctional
- Our digital library has free eBooks, audiobooks, popular magazines, and more
- Call us if you have questions about your checkouts or holds at (573) 686 - 8639
Click on each poster below to enlarge or download/print.